Women play a big part in the home buying process whether they are single or married and while men tend to pay more attention to the space and dimensions women can be swayed by a home’s aesthetics or functionality. Here are the top things that many women are looking for in a home, see how your home stacks up:
- Supersized closets – no woman out there really wants to cram all of her beautiful clothes into a shoebox sized closed, you could spend your whole life ironing out the wrinkles!
- Jetted bath tubs – Although this may be a bit stereotypical there’s very little in the world more relaxing that a jetted tub after a long week of 8-5′s.
- Big, open kitchens that include space for dining, entertaining, doing homework, and socializing – the kitchen has always been the center of any home so make sure it’s got everything your family wants and needs for space.
- Comfortable spaces for socializing, such as a kitchen island or comfortable den – when the dishes are done and it’s time to relax or even entertain a group of your friends be sure that they have a comfortable place to sit that fits your needs from conversation areas to a media area for watching those great movies together.
- Low maintenance, such as easy to maintain landscaping and a home that is new or recently renovated – there are some people out there who would rather spend all their time landscaping or renovating some part of the home but don’t count on them being your buyer, make sure things are easy to take care of for all your buyers.